Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

» Provo based paddlers
by pinback8 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 648 registered users
The newest registered user is clarepm

Our users have posted a total of 7793 messages in 1720 subjects

Green River, WY paddlers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green River, WY paddlers?

Post by wyosam on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:14 am

Decided to get a little more serious about paddling whitewater this year after dabbling a little over the years, looking to meet some local paddlers.

wyosam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Green River, WY paddlers?

Post by mitchin on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

I live in Utah but frequently overnight in Rock Springs for work. It would be nice to get to know some of you local guys so I could do some paddling while there. Only problem is I would need to round up a boat and paddle to borrow. I can easily bring everything else with me, but a boat and paddle don't fit in the overhead bin.

mitchin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dport on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 3:15 pm

Here in Sw. Wyoming there are many river folks, we even have a little local ww club. We have gotten together to do river clean ups and planted trees along the Island in Green River, and even get together to paddle on day trips as well as multiday trips. There are a couple different festivells that go on with some compititions on the river during the season.

Mitchin and wyosam( or any others), if you need want I can get you some info on the club and local paddlers here in SW. Wyo. The white water park is a great way to cool off at the end of a work day or brush up on your skills at the adjustable wave at the bottom of the island.

Sorry I do not have a web link, but I can get you some #'s that will help you connect with folks that are happy to share river time and info...Be safe out there, Dennis

dport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:22 pm

That would be great, more than happy to help with cleanup projects.

wyosam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

What levels are best for the Green River park? What gauge do you use? What about Evanston what's best there?

Ron

Paddling Since : 1970

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 2:40 am

Green River playpark always has water, but it freezes in the winter, and could get too high in springs like last year. The shape of the wave is more about how the feature is adjusted.
Green River near Green River WY
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wy/nwis/uv?site_no=09217000

Evanston: there is a link to the gauge on the left side of this forum; too low right now.

There is a run description on Eddyflower, but I can't open it.
Are others getting a lot of "Server Error in '/' Application." errors from Eddyflower.com run descriptions the past couple days?

One of the better waves is right at a footbridge over the river; kinda in the middle of the run. The end of the run has a couple surf waves too. Seems like 600-800 was a good level, don't recall exactly.

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:07 am

Green River park is nice right now. Water warms quick- was actually like 53ish this evening. Flows are slightly below normal base, should get bumped back up tomorrow I believe, they drop it just a little for G&F during fish sampling.

wyosam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum