Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Idaho Road Tripin'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Idaho Road Tripin'

Post by Mark B. on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 4:36 am

Hey y'all,

My buddy and I are planning a little road trip of sorts to hit up some of the Idaho classics next week. Looking for a few more paddlers to make shuttling easier, split gas with, and because the more the merrier on a trip like this.

The prospective plan is to leave Salt Lake Monday evening and head to Boise. Spend Tuesday and Wednesday on the Payettes, Thursday driving towards Ashton via Stanley hitting the Salmon along the way. Friday fire up Lower Mesa Falls, Henry's Fork in the morning and maybe Bitch Creek or the Grey's in the afternoon. Head over to Grace on Saturday to catch the Black Canyon of the Bear release. The plan is still in flux, but that's the basic idea. If anyone wants to join up for all or part give me a holler.
Mark B.

Paddling Since : 2007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Idaho Road Tripin'

Post by scotticus on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:20 am

Hi Mark, I was wondering if I could go on this road trip with you. I see that you live in Provo. Can I meet you at your place on Monday and head up to Idaho with you? I dont use a hardshell, just a packraft. I dont have a vehicle, but can help pay for gas, and I have a gopro camera for footage we can use to record the cool trip your going on. Let me know If I can go with you, and if so give me an address and time to meet up.

scotticus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark B. on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

Hey Scott, I'm a little concerned about how a packraft would fair on these rivers; actually very concerned. Most of the rivers we're planning on should be running high, especially the payettes. I think it might be wise to sit this one out.
Mark B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

Sounds like a blast! I will be working sadly. Hopefully I will meet up with you next Saturday for the BCoB release.

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Sun 22 Apr 2012, 12:36 am

You obviously don't know Scott very well. Smile
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Sun 22 Apr 2012, 5:07 am

Scott has a drysuit; he would have a blast on Main Payettes at current flows (8590). Scott, have you done bigwater IV in your packraft? Main Payette, Cabarton, Staircase could be a good sequence at current levels.
I saw a packraft video where a guy did Cataract at fairly high water, swam in the big drops, climbed back into his packraft and made it through Satans gut. Wish I could find that one again; I was impressed that it was possible to climb back in to a packraft in big water like that.
Maybe you should go camp on the Payette for awhile Scott, and run the Main or Staircase every day to dial in your bigwater packrafting :-)

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Sun 22 Apr 2012, 1:48 pm

You should run Deep Creek on your way to boise. It is in now, and a blast.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scotticus on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:50 pm

Stay up by the Payettes, sounds great to me. I was planning to camp out in that area for a few months this summer when the weather is nice and warm. I'd love to run the Lochsa, Selway, the Boise, and what other rivers up there that dont require a permit. Ive been running the AF the last few days. Its flowing pretty decent right now.

scotticus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum