Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

» Provo based paddlers
by pinback8 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

» Weekly Paddling
by pinback8 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Release Schedule for 2017
by charliev Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:51 pm

» Weber River is running
by charliev Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:44 pm

» Draft Report of the Pacificorp Relicensing of the Scrambled Eggs Diversion on the Weber
by npackham Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

» Ogden River Clean UP
by wolffgramm Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:07 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 643 registered users
The newest registered user is jporter59

Our users have posted a total of 7788 messages in 1716 subjects

3 year old child dies at OPP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 year old child dies at OPP

Post by Jeff Young on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 5:38 pm

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20194937&title=search-continues-for-3-year-old-who-fell-in-river&s_cid=featured-1

Sad...
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 year old child dies at OPP

Post by unattendedboat on Thu 03 May 2012, 10:36 pm

has anyone been down there recently? looks like they are starting to tear up the park. Hopefully they find the kid. a drop might be a sieve??? guess we will see tomorrow.
unattendedboat

Paddling Since : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Thu 03 May 2012, 11:38 pm

Jeff you need to get on this, and have them fix that undercut, and part of the feature with rock since they are already destroying it maybe they can fix it as well.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Fri 04 May 2012, 12:34 am

The 'fix' to OPP was bid out and awarded to a company.... maybe this is part of that, or maybe not... either way we'll have to get on them to not create a bigger hazard. From the eyewitnesses that I talked to, prior to searching for the body the other day with Drew, the kid fell in on river right, off that flat rock. He was seen in the main current halfway to the second drop, then another witness saw him go over the second drop. Why these people can't understand that the body MUST be downstream is beyond me. Worst response to a drowning that I've ever seen.... fruitless and futile searching in areas where it would be impossible for him to be (from the details the witnesses mentioned).

Sad situation...
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Phillips on Fri 04 May 2012, 4:00 pm

Unbelievable to me that they are tearing up opp when the family watched the body go over the second drop. If I wasn't laid up at the moment I would go out again this time I would go below 17th all the way to the GSL.

Andrew Phillips

Paddling Since : 8014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Fri 04 May 2012, 6:11 pm

I spoke with the Great Grandad again today at OPP and he was amazed that they would do what they are doing, considering what they told them.

The "rescuers" are building a rock/gravel dam above the first drop to cut all flow from the actual drops and divert the water to the left into a channel that they hacked into the bank and lined on both sides with t barriers....

I guess the real question is, how they will go about putting it back to normal, or if the company will then do the improvements as planned.
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum