Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Video:North Fork Championship footage/ Payette trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video:North Fork Championship footage/ Payette trip

This trip was well worth it. I was able to see some good friend from the southeast race, run Staircase with some good friends from Utah, and jumped on the Lower V of the North Fork with an Idaho local Micah Kneidl. It was a great trip, and I can't wait to get back.
https://vimeo.com/44172261
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Video:North Fork Championship footage/ Payette trip :: Comments

Post on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm by telekopter2

Fun vid FSM. noticed a key edit on one of the boilers in crunch or juicer. Wink Way to fire it up though!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 10:23 pm by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

What do you mean key edit

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 3:02 am by wasatchbill

Nice! Hey I am in there, 4:09 to 4:11, if you get a microscope :-) Man you cut it close to Seymours hole!
You were upside down twice in the NF? Yikes! Glad you hit your rolls! Very Happy
Was that Juicer leadin?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 10:07 am by Jeff Young

Key edit?
Anyway, great vid!

Last edited by Jeff Young on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to play nice)

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

The rolls I was pretty certain I would hit. Rocks not so much, but I was happy that I did not hit any rocks. I had some first time run jitters for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:25 am by PeruH2o

You should tell Micah that Jackson boats suck next time you see him. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:17 am by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Well he is sponsored by them so I would not expect him to listen. I have another buddy that is sponsored by Jackson that I give him shit all the time about how much Jackson Creek boats suck. When I get to know Micah better I am sure I will talk trash Smile Overall it is all personal choice on what you paddle. But the buddy of mine that is sponsored by Jackson said the Remix was the boat to have on the North Fork. So that made my day. Fact is people have ran that river in tons of boats, but I love the style of the Remix.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm by wasatchbill

I think you may have one of Ryan Caseys runs at 31 sec; he is the only one who styled gate 1 quite like that (of the runs I saw, Rush Sturges was the only other one who really styled gate one; then he missed gate 2, but showed incredible boat control by spinning around for another shot at gate 2, and got it). And that is Ben Luck (01) and then Pat Keller (30) launching @20 sec; in the old school boats (Prijon Hurricane and Dagger RPM Max); speaking of running the NF in tons of boats. Classic!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:45 pm by Jeff Young

Was that really a Hurricane or another model Prijon?

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:13 am by telekopter2

I don't know the model but everyone there was saying that's what it was. Older, long. I remember it definitely turned your head when you saw it.
the guy in the RPM max did a complete stern squirted pirouette for the full 360 degrees (and 90 more, come to think of it) before he slappede down right inline for gate 1.

Can't wait to see Forge and Quadracopter's joint film of the race.

Key edit = cut to a new clip right when you go down and need to roll. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:52 am by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

I know Pat Keller very well, and have spent a good bit of time on the Green with him, and he is an amazing boater.
That Prijon was a Tornado.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:07 am by Jeff Young

Ah a Tornado.. thought it looked a little fat in the ass to be a Hurricane. Isn't that the same model boat you are getting from Idaho FSM?

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm by wasatchbill

Ya, Tornado.
11.5 Feet, 90 Gallons
http://playak.com/article.php?sid=2444

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm by wasatchbill

I was noticing at 1:36, that if FSM had not hit his roll so quick, he is very close to the right side rocks. I saw two racers (right side up) shoved into the right bank rocks that he passes at 1:45. That is the Juicer leadin.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:24 pm by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Yeah quick roll comes in handy. That was slower than I like it to be though. Don't mess around the longer you are under the more chance you have to hit something or loss your line.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum