Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

WY lost/found post suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WY lost/found post suggestions

Post by telekopter2 on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:08 pm

One of our guys on the jackson/alpine trip this past weekend lost a paddle on the long rapid with the pourover on the upper greys, above the confluence with little greys.

Any suggestions for what forum to post a lost and found ad on? seems like there isn't really a forum for that area or even a larger region including it.

boof is cali.
boatertalk is southeast u.s.
playak. . . no.
allaboutboating is Alabama.
kayakidaho has too few users.
mountainbuzz is colorado. . .generally speaking.

thoughts?
thanks.
TK

p.s.
it's an AT paddle with white fiberglass blades and black bent shaft. older model, size unknown but i'd guess somewhere in the 196 range.

telekopter2

Paddling Since : 88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WY lost/found post suggestions

Post by HPP on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:25 pm

Did you Call Rendezvous River Sport in Jackson, WY ? Maybe they can post something in their store?

HPP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

Mtnbuzz is kinda the entire "west", as far as folks chiming in on questions everywhere from PNW to Montana to CO-UT-ID-WY, to even back east. Wouldn't hurt to post in there.
Could also call and let Rendevous River Sports know; I think they have bulletin board.
Could post on WY Craigslist too.
Thinking about where its likely to end up, that would be in Palisades Reservoir. Maybe call around for a marina on the res, see if they have a bulletin board or lost and found.
Come to think of it, I saw a large commercial raft going past the Sheep Gulch takeout on Saturday. So they must have a commercial raft takeout on Palisades res; you could call the raft outfitters and see who runs down to the res right now, and see if they can keep an eye out. Long shot, but who knows.

How is that section? We took a look at it, as a buddy scouted for group campsites up there. Didn't quite see it from the road, but it looked like something good; scenic for sure.

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

MBuzz...
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by telekopter2 on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

Generally pretty quiet class 2, bill. But then the rapid where he lost the paddle was fantastic and more complex. i was told the whole runs just a class 3 but i'd call it a 3+ as the pourover/vertical hole was a pretty fun surprise and all the line choices at this lower level were superfun above it. I would've enjoyed doing laps on it but it's far, far below the road.

At a little higher level i bet it would be tons of fun with a little more consequence. just a guess from what Larry had to say but at 1500 or approaching 2000 it seemed like that would be a really fun rapid.

weird, AW page seems to say it's a class 4 rapid. it's definitely the hardest one on there. i suppose it could be. anyone know if that's the case?

thanks for the rendezvous riversports idea. didn't know they had a forum, and calling them's a great idea. will forward on to our swimmer.

BTW, snaggletooth looked freakin' fun at this level! I tried to sell folks on running it but they all had playboats or riverrunners unfortunately. My favorite run along with staircase on the sf. so many awesome choices of lines and creative moves!! it'll probably be too low to run when the club's up there come august. Sad

telekopter2

Paddling Since : 88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:31 pm

Normally its just fine 'when the clubs up there in August' ... it was 800 cfs last year and 400 ish the year prior and both were doable levels.

Your swimmer just picked up a brand spankin new H2O Carbon Team Bent Shaft paddle from me today. Smile
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:48 pm

That is one of my favorite runs too. Didn't see anyone doing the entrance center boof last weekend :-). Snaggletooth rapid holds up well in August, but some of the leadin and runout areas can get scrapey.
Saw a couple groups with riverrunner/playboats on Snaggle...another option is to do the right leadin to Snaggle, hit the right eddy before the crux, then sneak or portage right, or take the right channel (if there is ~750+cfs). That brings it down a notch. The two rapids above Snaggletooth are good too.

They manage to have that slalom race in late August or even September; often on the rapid above Snaggletooth.

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum