Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

» Provo based paddlers
by pinback8 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

» Weekly Paddling
by pinback8 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Release Schedule for 2017
by charliev Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:51 pm

» Weber River is running
by charliev Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:44 pm

» Draft Report of the Pacificorp Relicensing of the Scrambled Eggs Diversion on the Weber
by npackham Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

» Ogden River Clean UP
by wolffgramm Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:07 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 643 registered users
The newest registered user is jporter59

Our users have posted a total of 7788 messages in 1716 subjects

Dry top/ pants or suit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dry top/ pants or suit?

Post by dman on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:17 am

Hey guys, I need a little help on deciding on a dry top and pants or a full suit. Not sure if the flexibility of the top and pants will be better than the more protection of a full suit. What say you?

dman

Paddling Since : yest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dry top/ pants or suit?

Post by johnnie a. on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:56 am

it's truly a no brainer, my friend... if you've got bling, go kokatat... i heart my nrs though...

http://www.rei.com/product/832800/nrs-inversion-drysuit-mens,-gray/orange,-large?preferredSku=8328000003&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-pla-_-product-_-8328000003&mr:referralID=a30132ef-9d37-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0
johnnie a.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by richvrm on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

Just make sure if you go with the full suit you pay extra for the fly. You will hate life otherwise! I used to do the full suit with worked great and I never felt constrained in it. But this is when I was used to open canoe and C-1. Now that I kayak I have switched to a dry top. The bare legs act as that much more motivation to hit that roll.

richvrm

Paddling Since : 13 y

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LarryS on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:37 pm

I have both a dry top and dry suit. Most of the time I use a dry top with neoprene pants. On those rare occations when that's not enough, I love having the dry suit.

LarryS

Paddling Since : 1988

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wil on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

I agree with Johnnie, if you got the money, get both. I had the same decision to make, and what it came down to me was I had x amount of dollars to spend. I could either buy a decent dry top and decent dry suit, or I could buy a real nice drytop and bibs. I ended up getting a real good deal on a Gore-Tex Kokotat drytop, and then got a pair of the Kokotat bibs. If you are going to get pants, definitely get the Kokotat bibs (or something like them). They take a while longer to get setup than a dry suit, but I have yet to have any leakage in them. And it seems that the bibs are only used on the beginning and end of the season, and I use just the drytop most of the season. I assume the same would be true with a drysuit.

I'm still looking for a place that will put a waterproof zipper in, as my bibs don't have the fly, which sucks when you are scouting something big and the nervous pees hit ya.

Wil

Paddling Since : 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum