Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Ogden 24th Street Kayak Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ogden 24th Street Kayak Park

Post by npackham on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm

I was asked by the Ogden city parks and recreation committee to gather some ‘community feedback’ about the 24th Street kayak park.  We have another meeting this coming Wednesday evening (March 14th) where I’d like to present some of your comments. If you'd like to chime in, please email me a short paragraph containing your opinion of the park right now and any changes you’d like made to the kayak park.  My email address is npack@hotmail.com. 

Nate

npackham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ogden 24th Street Kayak Park

Post by npackham on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm

The meeting ended up being pushed back by a few weeks so there is still time to send me your comments if you would like to contribute.  Thank you for chiming in.

npackham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jas- on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

Whoever decided to use a backhoe and open a second channel on the west of the primary completely destroyed the park. Why wasn't anyone asked "before" that transpired?

Fix it, that is all I have.

jas-

Paddling Since : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bjm.wacky on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:56 am

I miss the play park the way it was. The diversion channel was an unnecessary in the search. I was always taught if you break something you better fix it. Why hasn't anyone taken responsibility and fixed the destruction they have caused? I will show my support just name a time and place.
bjm.wacky

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Compton Boater on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

Is there a new time for the meeting? If there's 10 boaters at the meeting it's a done deal.

Compton Boater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Displaced in the Desert on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 8:34 am

Thank you Npack for taking the lead on this fantastic opportunity to get the 24th street kayak park back up and running.

Lets not dwell on the damage done or the tragedy that caused it.  Lets start planning a better park with better play holes that can be paddled at even lower water levels and provide more recreation opportunities for more people.
That is what government planners want to hear, more opportunities for more people. (more money from other government for more votes)

The more that contact npack to voice their opinions with written letters, e-mails and phone calls the more that boaters can hope for.

All that is needed is a commitment to get a CAT 320 back down in the hole for a couple of days with the right directions and that spot can become a better asset to Ogden's recreation legacy than before.  It is a fantastic spot that can provide great boating, great viewing to generate more interest in the sport and help to revitalize that part of the river.

Imagine a kayak shop in the building on the East side of the river, with a little cafe and coffee shop.  Maybe a patio with tables overlooking the river as kayakers cartwheel, flip and simply fiddle about in their boats.

Displaced in the Desert

Paddling Since : 1973

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by npackham on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm

Thanks for all the feedback.  It was compiled into one document and e-mailed to the other members of the parks and recreation committee and to the city employees in charge of parks and recreation.  We discussed the comments briefly at the committee meeting.  Hopefully that will help spur some action.  The city is on our side, they just don't really have the money for something grand right now. 

Most of the other river projects in town have come from grant money and I don't think there is any more on the horizon. Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I don't think anything will be done until flows drop in the summer.  Hopefully then we can at least get that channel closed.

npackham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum