Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

MONDAY-Bridal Veil is running!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MONDAY-Bridal Veil is running!

Post by afaust on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 12:25 pm

A couple people paddled it on Sunday at around 300ish cfs.

Planning to meet at the takeout at 1pm and may do a lap or two. I believe there is another group going later, but not sure of the specifics if someone feels like posting those as well.

AJ Faust

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MONDAY-Bridal Veil is running!

Post by afaust on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:32 pm

Fun time with Mark and John! Flow was closer to 200 cfs. Bony in places, but really fun in the crux. Probably worth just doing laps on the main section right now instead of running the full thing in order to avoid some of the rockiness.

One river wide tree to go under on river right at these flows. With 400-500 more cfs it would make things difficult at that spot. The tree is a little ways after the actual bridal veil section and before the main bridge for the road.

afaust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm

So I am a little curious. Did the flow drop? Yesterday we were able to run the whole thing without pushing off the bottom etc. I have run this down pretty low. if memory serves me correctly, at 200 and below, the area below the bridge is utterly unboatable. Did you have to get out and push? As to the tree, that section never seems to get deep. I would be more concerned with the sweeper a quarter mile above the falls. Anyway, glad you had fun. All things considered, if it dropped to 200 with everything else running it is probably not worth the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:55 pm

I think this is a case of perspective... Craig's being the voice/perspective of years of experience on BV and another just guessing. If Craig says 300, its 300. Him, Johnnie A, Dan M and JizzyJay included in those I trust knowing that level... Smile
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:08 pm

It must have dropped from yesterday. Ran it today and it was near 200. It was a lot less then when i was running it last year, which spiked at a whole 380 and averaging 250. Hit so many rocks I never knew were there. It was not near 300 today. Come to think of if, this is the lowest I've ran it unless you count the time I ran it around 140cfs.

Paddling Since : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:13 pm

Well there ya have it.
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:17 pm

Wouldn't be too surprising. We had a bit of weather on Sunday. The gauge reading was .04cfs.

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:14 am

Since the dam is open at the takeout a good indicator is the ptown flow which on Sunday hit 700 but today was only 570ish. I am sure it was awesome on Sunday and every bit as high as you said especially after all the weather we had the night before. Hope it comes up again soon... My boat is threatening to get a divorce if I don't stop the abuse.

afaust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum