Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Rapid Progression Backing the Oggie Downriver Race

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rapid Progression Backing the Oggie Downriver Race

Post by AT on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 4:48 pm

Hey all you paddlers, RPKS is backing the Ogden Downriver race as the ACA sponsor. Nathan Packham deserves the credit for getting it this far and for what has been done in years past, so let's all step up and build on what he has done. More sponsors are lining up through our contacts and as always, everyone should have the 25th of September blotted out for it. I've talked to the Jackson Hole Kids Kayak Club and Rendezvous River Sports and they are going to rally a big group together, so all you Utah paddlers make an appearance and represent. It'll be a good time as always. What more can you ask for in September? A local class IV run that has water in it to paddle this time of year is no doubt something we all look forward to.

AT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Use me, abuse me...

Post by Wassermann on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

...I won't feel cheap or cheated. I couldn't believe it when I saw FSM's post about this event being canceled. Andy, do you still need safety people? Count me in to help. I'm not up to competing this year, due to very little time on the water (let's not go there!) but will help out in any way you need. Call or email me! 801-860-0959 or welserbua@yahoo.com. Ciao!
Guenther
Wassermann

Paddling Since : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Coldwater will help

Post by cwcpaddle on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 1:31 am

Andy,thAnks for stepping up. Let me know how I can help. We at coldwater will be more than happy to support this race however we can.
Greg

cwcpaddle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rapid Progression Backing the Oggie Downriver Race

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 1:05 pm

Wassermann wrote:...I won't feel cheap or cheated. I couldn't believe it when I saw FSM's post about this event being canceled. Andy, do you still need safety people? Count me in to help. I'm not up to competing this year, due to very little time on the water (let's not go there!) but will help out in any way you need. Call or email me! 801-860-0959 or welserbua@yahoo.com. Ciao!
Guenther

It was not my post about it being cancelled it was C-Dub's I merely responded with my side of things. Either way thanks for offering your help.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 5:52 pm

Last years race. If anyone is looking to step it up and hit this for the first time, it is a great opportunity with safety boaters and rescue positioned on the banks. This will be a riot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 6:25 pm

My favorite part of that video is at 8:34.
Vertder Miff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Thu 26 Aug 2010, 12:15 pm

Pretty good video that is the first time I saw it . Can't wait until race day it should be a blast. I will say seeing some of those guys leaning back only to fail the roll, and then go over on their back deck made me cringe Mad
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Aug 2010, 7:45 pm

Looks like Wasatch touring and Rendevous Kayak have jumped on board as prize sponsors. Coming around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 29 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=113773148678669

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 3:00 am

I'm planning on doing safety, as in years past. One thing that's occurred to me is that a release of 400-450 will be more than we got this spring, and so wood might be more likely to move. There are some logs above the Indian Trail putin that would be good to dice up. Also, after the recent windstorms, there is probably something in the river I haven't seen yet.

Most weekday evenings I could work on that; shoot me an email if you'd like to help.
wasatchbill at comcast dot net.

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AT on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:58 pm

Thanks to everyone that is willing to support this event. I've been talking to the Utah Whitewater Club and The Ask the past few days and we've decided that Rapid Progression will spearhead this event, but that doesn't mean we are running the show solo. We will be depending on everyone's help whether the help comes from the UWC, The ASK.....whatever paddler contingency. Those two groups have already done a lot of the leg work for the race behind the scenes. The more people that get involved the better. Keep checking back for areas we need help in. We are fine tuning the details now and getting things set. This race is going to be big, many thanks to those that have helped in years past to get it to this point.

As far as prizes and gear go, WRSI, Rendezvous River Sports, Wasatch Touring, Camp Chef, and Thule have jumped on board to give us some good loot for prizes. That's just for starters, so please spread the word. We will be coming up with a flyer to post on the net, and for everyone to forward to anyone interested in participating. I think one of the most important things that people have asked me the past few days is if there is going to be a cash prize... The answer is yes. The winners will be compensated generously so it'll be worth it to come race even if it means traveling a good distance. Stay tuned for the details as to how much the top finishers will get. I know that there is a an event invitation on facebook for this event, but i'm going to start a new thread so we can start getting an idea of how many people will be paying participants. This will help us gauge how much money we will be giving out as prizes. Looks like the cost will be $20 to enter as it has been in years past.

AT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 11:52 am

Does anyone know the length limit for boats this year? I think last year it was 9'. If not is there somewhere that I can demo a Dagger Green Boat Smile
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 12:49 pm

Gotta miss the race this year. My Gates of Lodore trip is the same day... Stoked.

Paddling Since : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum