Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

selway - big water - short notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

selway - big water - short notice

Post by BrayD on Thu 26 May 2011, 6:17 pm

I snagged a selway permit that became available, for next Tuesday, May 31, on the off chance that i could throw a trip together, and am having problems finding participants. This would be a big-water, self-support trip. We would need to leave Monday evening at the latest, could be back thursday in the middle of the night, at the earliest. (That would be a 2-day selway, with a Lochsa run on Thursday morning, then a ballz long drive home). We could extend the trip out for sure if we wanted to take our time. The selway is awesome!

We'd need to keep a close eye on flows, as its starting to spike. I've been informed that the road in is currently being plowed, and should be open by next Tuesday. But we'll need to keep an eye on that as well. Shuttle will be expensive. A crew of 3 to 5 would be great. For now it's looking like I might have to throw in the towel. If you'd be serious about considering this, lets chat.

(Is spelling out numbers really necessary?) I only do it cause I've seen other people do it.


Posts : 33
Paddling Since : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: selway - big water - short notice

Post by wasatchbill on Fri 27 May 2011, 12:28 am

Wow! Wish I had time off of work.
Spelling out numbers is hoping to avoid phone-number-harvesting bots that will sell your phone number to spam callers.


Posts : 731

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: selway - big water - short notice

Post by huckfin on Fri 27 May 2011, 1:27 am

Wish I could. Too short of notice, dont think i could get 3 shifts covered. Bummer, freaking bummer! I hear there is a way to run the drop sections off cat in a single day if you have a 4x4 and rafel is flowing?

Posts : 26
Paddling Since : 2005
Location : provo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: selway - big water - short notice

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum