Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

LL Biscuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LL Biscuit

Post by cslebn on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 6:20 pm

Has anyone paddled one of these enough to form an opinion about it? More importantly, does anyone have one they would be willing to allow to demo in a pool of easy river session for a bit of compensation?

I've been paddling a Vision 44 that's too small for me (5'10" 158-170 - yes my weight fluctuates by like 3-4 lbs a day) so I've been looking for somethng a bit larger and the things I'm hearing are Biscuit, next higher Vision, or a Pyranha Molan.

Appreciate any thoughts.

cslebn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LL Biscuit

Post by Vertder Miff on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 7:44 pm

Do you live in SLC? If so, talk to this guy about demoing a Biscuit or a Molan:

http://cwcpaddle.com/
Vertder Miff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by echymas on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

i dont know the seller but i came across this today.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12187284&cat=196&lpid=2&search=
echymas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:19 am

I have a jackson super star, and love it. You should be able to fit in a Jackson All Star. I have heard the Biscuit is not a good boat. The Molan is pretty much the same as the Jackson Star series, and Greg is a great guy to do business with.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cslebn on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 9:44 am

FSM I've heard the same thing. Thanks for the responses guys. I actually have talked to Greg already but something curious in me still wanted to see if someone had a biscuit they'd be willing to let me try. I think I may just be a glutton for misery since I love the nasty edge catching rails on the Vision

cslebn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:28 am

Well, I can understand wanting to go with Liquid Logic. I have a Jefe Grande, and the outfitting is amazing. I wanted to go with a biscuit because of the outfitting, but you have to make a decision. Do you want a comfortable seat, or do you want to have one of the best play boats on the market? I do like the Liquid Logic seat, but overall I am happy with Jackson's outfitting. This may not be why you want a Biscuit, but it was why I wanted one. Newty had a Biscuit for sale a while back. It might not be your size or available, but it might be.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AT on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 1:03 pm

If you love the vision, I have a buddy that gave up paddling and he has the bigger vision. It is in awesome condition and I just spoke with him on the phone and he wants $375 for it, possibly could negotiate a little too.

I have paddled the vision, the space cadet and the biscuit. I think that the best boat out of the three is the vision. You should for sure try to paddle the biscuit to see what you think but like i said, there is a vision in my primos garage that hasn't seen water in 2 seasons and it's in good shape.

AT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cslebn on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 2:20 pm

Thanks AT, I may have to hit you and your friend up for that boat. Still looking to dmeo one of these bad boys before I make a buy decision about anything. I love learning about opinions though, why did you think the Vision paddled the best if you don't mind?

Thanks

cslebn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AT on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 3:28 pm

I felt that the vision was easier to control than the biscuit and the space cadet. The only one of the three i've owned is the space cadet but like i said i've paddled all of them. I was able to paddle the biscuit on the bliss wave in Idaho and Kings wave on the Snake and it is definitely a good boat, but it's a little hard to control the surf. I guess that's how liquid logic playboats are generally with how the spin disc rocker transition they have. It gets big bounces, but I couldn't set up as easily for tricks.

The other big thing was speed, the biscuit is slower in my opinion than the vision. In all honesty all 3 of these boats aren't the fastest, you'll find faster boats out there for sure. That being said, i think that liquid logics plastic and outifitting is prob the best on the market so it's a hard one.

AT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AT on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 3:29 pm

cslebn wrote:Thanks AT, I may have to hit you and your friend up for that boat. Still looking to dmeo one of these bad boys before I make a buy decision about anything. I love learning about opinions though, why did you think the Vision paddled the best if you don't mind?

Thanks

By the way, let me know if you want to take a look at the boat. Email me and i can get you some pics. surfwyoming5@hotmail.com

AT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newty on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

I have a Biscuit 65. It's probably bigger than you want but you're welcome to demo it. I have a serious love hate relationship with it. I don't think it's a bad boat, I'm just not a good enough paddler for it. email me or text or get me here if you want to try it. I'm in Utah County
801-836-225six
pwaulyathotmail
Newty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum