Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Scavenger hunt!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scavenger hunt!!!

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:25 am

like balloonists, we have a pick up vehicle. There has been a ton of gear lost. Wednesday. Putting in at Rainbow Gardens and floating to sunset. Keef is on call to get us from wherever we land. Search and destroy. There have been a half dozen paddles and a couple boats. The more the merrier. In?

Back to top Go down

Re: Scavenger hunt!!!

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:27 am

SAVE THE POGIE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:43 am

I'm in
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brianteats on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:53 am

I'm down, we should go all the way to the Weeb confluence. speaking of being thorough
brianteats

Paddling Since : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:20 am

Time?
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:30 am

We were thinking put in around 2, and floating past the confluence.

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

I could go @5. I'd like to float below Washington, since I've never done it; would be good to know whats down there if chasing a boat. Low bridges, sweepers? The car drop?
BTW, below the Weeb confluence, when the dam comes into sight, there is a substantial wide wave that can be snuck left. It looks like a good surf wave, except that its above a death dam.

Are you guys going down below the dam at I-15?

Last edited by wasatchbill on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brianteats on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

2? that's a little early, for my work hours.
brianteats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:28 pm

So the plan tomorrow is to meet at keefs at 1. Leave my truck for keef. Head to rainbow gardens and figure it out from there. We will take out at the last accessible spot before the lake. Hoping to find a couple boats and save some folks a little coin. Again, all are welcome to join. Not sure if we are putting in at Rainbow Gardens or after the low bridges at Lorrin Farr. Figure it out tomorrow. Should be enough room on the ASK shuttle vehicular for anyone that hops on board.The weeb at the confluence should be over 7K.
Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by brianteats on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

Can't make it, but from what I can remember-
other than the low bridges right past Lorrin Farr, there's a pretty low railroad bridge a little ways past the new Wally-World-Mart; shoot for the right eddy on the Car-Hole drop; there was a pretty big log jam after that(might be cleaned out this year); and overhanging vegetation can get gnarly past that.
brianteats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

Nice float. Six of us put on. If I were to do it again I would put on after the Washington bridge. Lot of Bridge portages. Probably a total of 6 or 7 portages. Very flat and pretty. We took out at plain city. I suspect it was over 20 river miles. Should have run the GPS. We found one straight shaft paddle, but unfortunately Ben and Christians boats eluded us. There is one full sized canoe, still in good shape, after !-15. Worth salvaging. There is one nasty looking diversion dam West of I-15. The concrete plant owner was nice and let us walk through. The amount of flood damage between I-15 and plain city was amazing. Felt bad paddling by a farmer trying to stabilize his shore line by hand shoveling dirt. The amount of vehicles dumped in the water was Black Canyon of the Bear like. It appears they have been dumping cars in the river since the thirtys. There was a lot of time on the run that felt like we were paddling the everglades. Sort of surreal.

Wish we would have found more loot, but we tried. At least we know where to look when the water recedes.

It is official. The pogie has found freedom!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum