Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Paddle Importer Position

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paddle Importer Position

Post by Compton Boater on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

I have a German friend who has a paddle company www.tywarp.com which is pretty popular in Europe but is not distributed in the US. He wants me to help him distribute in the US but I have no time. If anyone is super motivated, familiar with the paddlesports industry and wants to build a business this could be a good opportunity. I am putting it out here if anyone wants to have an independent company just between you and the manufacturer to import these paddles. It will not be a paycheck job, but could turn into good income if you sell a lot of paddles. I ran a Financial analysis and figured you would need to sell about 900 paddles to make it worth it. They have a cool carbon paddle for $295 so it has a position in the market. I have 2 boxes of 20 Carbon Paddles at my house that you can come pick up if you are serious about it. You will pretty much need to get rolling on it to ramp up the brand for OR. Sounds like there is credit available from the factory so if you import them you would have the summer to pay for them as they sell. However, like any importer, you would be purchasing the paddles, marking them up and selling them. So you would need to be comfortable committing to buying hundreds of paddles with the idea of selling them to shops and such. I have not used the paddles much so I can't vouch too much on quality but some of the top Europeans like Olaf Obsommer and Anton Immler are using them. From my investigations it sounds like they had some quality problems their first year but have a very solid product for 2 years now.

Before you respond, your success or failure have nothing to do with me, I am not involved in any way beyond recommending you to the company, so if you make serious cash you don't have to buy me a beer and if you lose your ass you can't bitch to me. Overall an interesting opportunity in paddlesports, they have a nice touring paddle line too that is part of the deal. I think the right person who is super motivated could do something with it. The main task is really building the brand and what it stands for to the Consumer. If you don't establish what your brand is all about, and what people wearing it are saying to the world, you are hopeless.

Compton Boater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum