Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 650 registered users
The newest registered user is Beth Blattenberger

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

LCC - IV/IV+

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LCC - IV/IV+

Post by TennesseeJed on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:31 pm

Stopped in at Wasatch today; sounds like there is a good flow for the lower stretch of LCC right now.

I would like to give it a go. Is anyone else interested (especially anyone that's been on that run)?

I am free Friday
TennesseeJed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LCC - IV/IV+

Post by Jeff Young on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:30 pm

Evan Howard told me he ran it yesterday and it was GTG
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:28 am

Are you talking about Temple Quarry to La Caille in LCC? Maybe;

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrayD on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:14 am

http://www.pweng.slco.org/flood/streamflow/cfml/strm_display.cfm?gageno=240&sensor=239

We ran it yesterday when the gauge at the above link read approximately 500 cfs. Note that this stretch has water diverted from it, and pumped back in downstream, probably 150 cfs or so, but I'm not exactly sure how much, and i guess it probably changes. At this level there were some low hanging limbo red river birch down in the neighborhood stretch, my helmet hit them as I was crouched forward as low as I could go, they have some give, cause they're just small trees, and we had time to slow down... but more water might make it sketch. It would be sweet if somebody cut these out. Smile I had my fold-up saw with me, but couldn't really stop.

Props to matt and marcus kline for cleaning a bunch of the run out earlier this spring. Last thursday we also cut trees out of two different places. And yesterday Matt cleared out a big snag that on Thursday was a nasty portage. Point is that although it was clean yesterday, the run could easily have more trees in it today. The high water last night, and tonight, could easily have eroded more trees into the channel.

We put in at the wasatch resort, and took out at La Caille. A dude at Wasatch Resort warned us that we were parked on private property, and that some might call the police. He was stoked to watch us, though, and didn't care.

The bridge at the mouth of the canyon has a drop that you need to scout. The left side goes. A couple hundred yards below this is the largest drop on the run. Be aware of it as well. We all went right. Super fun. Other lines probably would be sweet as well. I think somebody should hit the main feature at the top in the middle.

We did two laps, non-stop, no portages, which was a blast. The second lap put a very large dent in the nose of my boat, running what I thought was the same line as my first run at the bridge drop mentioned above. The run is super fast, no eddies, with high potential for wood, so be careful.

Also!! Last Thursday we scouted the facility that is a couple hundred yards downstream from Wasatch Blvd at La Caille. They had the gate closed, and it looked like a super nice big pool, perfect for a take-out. Later they had opened the gate and the big pool was gone. Fast current into a grate before the spillway. Scary stuff! Beware! I'd just avoid that altogether and take out above.

I'd run it with you but I'm taking off tomorrow night to Idaho. Cheers!

BrayD

Paddling Since : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TennesseeJed on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 10:40 am

Great trip report, thanks BrayD. Thanks also to the wood removal efforts which were probably laborous. Thanks GUYS!

I remember looking at pieces of this stretch (i.e. the bridge drop and some of the boogie above) and thinking HOLY CRAP. I have no idea what the flow was then, and it may be that more water helps cover all of the junk that looked pretty sketchy then.

The gage is showing a bit higher now. I've got to check it out~ Shocked
TennesseeJed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum