Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Latest topics
» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Yesterday at 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

» Provo based paddlers
by pinback8 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

» Weekly Paddling
by pinback8 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Release Schedule for 2017
by charliev Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:51 pm

» Weber River is running
by charliev Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:44 pm

» Draft Report of the Pacificorp Relicensing of the Scrambled Eggs Diversion on the Weber
by npackham Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 643 registered users
The newest registered user is jporter59

Our users have posted a total of 7789 messages in 1717 subjects

bridal veil...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bridal veil...

Post by johnnie a. on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

what the... ran b.v. this morning at 8am w/ ms. finch and senor wiley @ 500cfs. they were doing maintainance on the dam. not sure how long it'll be flowing. good times!!!

happy thanksgiving, all ya all.

off to the ditch!
johnnie a.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: bridal veil...

Post by BrayD on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

Have a blast, JonnieA!! Super Jealous.

BrayD

Paddling Since : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

BV? Still flowing?

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark B. on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:54 am

I hit it with some friends in the afternoon, and my eyeball gauge read 300 cfs. The run was fun, but very bumpy. (especially the lower half) Maybe with the maintenance going on there will be some fluctuations in the flow, but don't plan on a guaranteed juicy flow or you may be disappointed. That said, it's the best thing that's ever happened to November kayaking in Provo.

On a side note, there seems to be a new hole that formed from the high flows earlier this year. It's near the beginning, right before the first footbridge. There has always been the hole on river left, but it seems to have widened out across the whole river. No eddy service, but it was the funnest feature to goof around on.

On a second side note, I work for Provo City and happened to cross paths with the Director of Recreation tonight. I asked him what he thought about utilizing the Provo River for a kayak park and he was seemed very enthused and wanted to learn more about the idea. He's not the guy who would be a decision maker on the issue, but still it's nice to know that there's support out there. FWIW.
Mark B.

Paddling Since : 2007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:50 am

Hopefully it holds. Work has me off the grid for a few days. A park on the town run or on the tubing section would be money. They seem to run year round. If the flows hold, this weekend would be grand.

All this said, we oughta put together a betting pool, all proceeds going to the feature of our choice, as to when the clowns keeping the water realize they can't keep this years water to supplement this winters snow fall. The reservoirs are at end of run off holdings rolling into winter. Gotta love Utah water management.

Back to top Go down

Post by RobA on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

$20 on April 1st

Awesome Mark. My cousin who works for the Storm Water department recommended talking to the Ombudsman to get the idea of whitewater park started. I guess we could also have a bunch of us show up at a city counsel meeting and have 3 or 4 of us take a minute of public comment time to respectfully introduce the idea.
RobA

Paddling Since : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm

Im game for something mellow this weekend. Keep me in the loop
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:06 pm

Sad I missed that one day window of flows. Glad someone got the goodness while it was up Very Happy

Mark B. wrote: On a second side note, I work for Provo City and happened to cross paths with the Director of Recreation tonight. I asked him what he thought about utilizing the Provo River for a kayak park and he was seemed very enthused and wanted to learn more about the idea. He's not the guy who would be a decision maker on the issue, but still it's nice to know that there's support out there. FWIW.

That is awesome! We should invite him to be a part of the Committee as we are getting it together.

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:52 am

Ill be around this weekend. Add me to the call list this weekend.

Food fest at my place afterwards.

Paddling Since : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:54 am

afaust wrote:
That is awesome! We should invite him to be a part of the Committee as we are getting it together.

Keep me in the loop with this.

Paddling Since : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:50 am

Is it still flowing?
Jeff Young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

Anyone for the lower Weber today or tomorrow? I'd like to do Riverdale down to I-15. Or could start above OPP; I do want to get a photo of paddling through left field on the baseball field.

wasatchbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum